Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Welcome!


I went to Iona, Scotland for Easter week in 2008. I admit that I was more than a bit anxious about the travel involved. I'm a bit of an anxious traveler. I like to know EVERYTHING I can about the actual transportation part up-front. Yes, I'm the geek that actually clicks on the "type of aircraft" link before booking a flight.

I always thought that my travel worries were unique to me. Then, after telling friends I was headed to Iona, many people admitted that they had wanted to go but were intimidated by the travel process.

So, this little blog is for you, the anxious traveler. You won't find information about actually being at Iona here--there are plenty of other places for that--and really, I don't think anything can prepare you for it. But you will find one person's experience of getting there and back, without loss of life, luggage, mind or lunch.

If you've gone to Iona before, please feel free to add your comments to this.
Bon Voyage!

No comments: